Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just when I was tired of the rain...


You know when you wake up happy it's spring; warm air, sweet fragrance, chirp of birds and long, sunlit evenings. I love spring for all these reasons and I love sunlight. Too much gray of winter and I am ready to pick up and move to the beach. It's just easier for me to rise in the morning, flow through my day, feel more creative and savor the evenings of grilling out and playing. You know how great that feels?


***Yeah, well not today.***


I have never had so much disdain for the color yellow as I have had this past week. I know the importance of the cycle, and without it our world would not exist, but it's laying on thick and it's suffocating.


POLLEN


I am affected and it's making me dizzy, unable to concentrate, wishing I could circulate a hose through me I am so thirsty and then sleep in cold air conditioning. At night, it looks like frost but not that fresh, deep breath feeling, but more like breathing dust...as if there is not enough dust in our lives that we need a little more.


I'm just saying- everything wake up, grow a little, and as my brother put it, "by summer everything is just living and it will fade." Nicely put! I'm ready for the living days and to move past the yellow, sleepy days.


Silly rant, but I'm telling you it's bad and makes you feel a little loopy. hee

1 comment:

Amanda said...

pollen=death on a stick.
i miss you
a