Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pause for peace


Eye of the Storm


Like the stillness in a dewdrop
I feel this calm---
Not to be battered
In avalanche of bouncing boulder winds
Or brushed away and shattered,
The browse of blustering beasts.
Like reflections in a dewdrop
I float in calm--
The heart buoyed up in silence
Though the sun's gong ring,
The heart made safe in amber
From the crackling spears of days.
I sink into this moment
As a pebble slows--
Falling through boundless radiance,
Through a honeyed sea--
Falling, ever more slowly,
Down, and down,
Away from the muffled
Fading applause of the waves,
To a moment void of movement,
To the pause of peace.
There are no sorrows here--
No knives of anger--
Only the soft caresses of the light
And timeless hush;
Memories melt,
And a new self, healed, unwounded,
Gathers its crystal wholeness like the dew
Empty of all but peace.


~Elizabeth Anne Viau~

2 comments:

Amanda said...

i can feel what a peaceful night you must have had....
love you and i will miss you over the holidays.
drink some wine and burn some cookies for me:)

Anonymous said...

I love love love this place that you have taken me too, you are the most moving writer . . . I wish you would write a book so that I can snuggle up next to the fire and get consumed in your writing! I love that picture, where is that?

Love you,

M