Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Patient Words


I have been asking why I have been holding myself back. Answers come in many forms- a prayer, a song, a voice, a scene or in an afterthought. Sometimes though they are spelled out in plain, typed text- there all along waiting patiently to resonate.
I started The Artist's Way and a few months ago put it on my bedside shelf allowing the pages to collect dust. I opened it again a few days ago and the page I left on was part of the answer to the very question I have been stumbling over as of late. Amazing how the universe works sometimes- all the time.

"Answered prayers are scary.
They imply responsibility.
You asked for it.
Now that you got it, what are you going to do with it?"

"Answered prayers deliver us back to our own hand."

~the Artist's Way~

I think I may have not been ready to answer this question a while ago, and now I feel more confident and ready.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i think you are growing so much.
love love love