Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Putting off



I've created a space for my creative endeavors. I now realize it doesn't take much, just a place you feel calm and lovingly surrounded by your stuff. My Muzzie, an artist, has made her home a working art. She paints murals on the walls, on the toilets and pretty much anything her paint brush in hand feels needs a little color. One of the first times my husband went to her house, to cut down some overgrown brush, and went inside to get some water, Muzzie led him to the kitchen, paintbrush in hand, and stopped at a painting and declared, "I didn't want it to be that color", and without a second thought painted right over it. My husband later said he was just in awe of her creativity. Her artistry exudes.

Lately, I haven't done much in the way of creativity. My weekends have been filled with weddings, baby showers, family in from Australia - a whirlwind of fun. This past week I have been a heap of tiredness and I am thankful to have this weekend plan-free. During the past few weeks when I have thought of my studio and the ideas I have I got an excited-nervousness and a longing to have some down time. I have to learn some balancing skills. I keep my creative self at bay with thoughts that once I do this...then I'll have time. I keep asking- what am I waiting for, why am I putting this off? I work on stuff every so often and feel challenged, excited, happy- clear-minded. Why do I put off what intrigues me?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

if i am here, i would love to have a day, with blankets and art..outside somewhere...
and there's this market in cabbagetown w/ organic yumminess. we must go.
love
love
love

Oberon said...

......you are fabulous.

Jorjol said...

pasaba a saludar, desde Chile, Un abrazo.

Amanda said...

oh. by the way. your room looks so inviting.
get the crayons. paint. papers. modge podge and wine ready....